· To provide for the emotional needs of the child, to comfort and reassure
· To care for the child
· To contribute to and ensure that our provision takes into account each child’s race, culture, religion, language and family values.
· To liaise with parents/carers
· To observe the child’s progress and keep records of their child’s interests and development
· To meet the parents/carers at the beginning and end of each academic year and at other times when required.
· To be available to speak to the parents/carers at the beginning and end of sessions.
· To liaise with the other settings on the progress and the welfare of the child.
· If necessary to liaise with the allocated member of staff who is responsible for Child Protection.
· To liaise with the parents/carers and Special Education Needs Co-ordinators if there is any concern such as language, hearing or other areas.
· The keyworker will ensure parents/carers are always contacted about any concerns involving their child.
· The keyworker will respect confidentiality
The key worker is always aware of being a member of the Joeys team of staff and will work with, care for, look after and be responsible for other children attending sessions in addition to his/her key children.
If you have any queries or concerns about our keyworker system please speak to the Manager
Signed on behalf of the Milnthorpe Family Centre Management Committee.
Katie Smyth, Manager Reviewed July 2016