· To provide for the emotional needs of the child, to comfort and reassure
· To care for the child
· To contribute to and ensure that our provision takes into account each child’s race, culture, religion, language and family values.
· To liaise with parents/carers
· To observe the child’s progress and keep records of their child’s interests and development
· To meet the parents/carers at the beginning and end of each academic year and at other times when required.
· To be available to speak to the parents/carers at the beginning and end of sessions.
· To liaise with the other settings on the progress and the welfare of the child.
· If necessary to liaise with the allocated member of staff who is responsible for Child Protection.
· To liaise with the parents/carers and Special Education Needs Co-ordinators if there is any concern such as language, hearing or other areas.
· The keyworker will ensure parents/carers are always contacted about any concerns involving their child.
· The keyworker will respect confidentiality
The key worker is always aware of being a member of the Joeys team of staff and will work with, care for, look after and be responsible for other children attending sessions in addition to his/her key children.
If you have any queries or concerns about our keyworker system please speak to the Manager