Fees Policy and Procedure
The purpose of this policy is to set out guidelines on the charging and collection of fees for childcare bookings at Joeys, Out of School Club and our Holiday Club. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Joeys is a non-profit making charity; all income from fees is used to benefit children and families within our community and to meet our overheads (wages, insurance, rent, resources etc).
Before your child is offered a place, you will be asked to sign a booking form which details your standard weekly booking and the cost of that booking based on the price list at the time. Milnthorpe Family Centre reserve the right to increase prices when necessary giving one month notice of such change.
- All booking reductions must be made giving one month notice. You will be charged for your agreed standard booking up to that point. We do not allow swapping days, if you require a different day during a week this will be charged at the normal price as will the day your child would normally come to Joeys.
- Nursery Free Entitlement – Although this is free you still have to abide by our policies. As a parent you are entitled to use up to two settings and we strongly advise you to consider your options before you place your booking. Your booking is for one school term and will continue into the following term automatically. If you withdraw any of your entitlement during a school term you must give one month notice. Joeys reserve the right to claim your free entitlement for the full one month period.
- Nursery Free Entitlement can be term-time only or you can arrange to spread your entitlement over 50 weeks. This must be agreed at the start of your booking. If you have a term-time only booking and require childcare during school holidays this will be charged based on the price list at the time.
- Sickness – Any booking unattended due to sickness will be charged at the normal rate.
- Holidays – All children are entitled to 4 weeks (full weeks) holiday between 1st September and 31st August. One month notice must be given for any of the 4 weeks holiday to receive 30% discount. Adhoc days off and additional holidays will be charged in full. If your child is in receipt of Nursery Free Entitlement and you opt for a term-time only booking you will not be charged during school holidays. We are closed on Bank Holidays and in-between Christmas and New Year and you will not be charged for these dates. Our Christmas closure will be set each year and put up on our parent’s notice board.
- Late collections - A charge of £7 will be made for all late collections and a further £7 will be charged for every 15 minute period thereafter. Please ensure you pick your child/ren up no later than the end of the session that they are booked in for. Late charges will be made at the discretion of the Manager. A phone call can often avoid a late collection charge. Late collections have an impact on maintaining the correct staff to child ratios and often means that Joeys have to pay staff to remain after their shift has ended. Late collections at the end of the day have even more impact when 2 members of staff must remain until the child/ren are picked up.
- A deposit equivalent to your standard weekly booking is required at the time of making your booking. This deposit will be deducted from your first invoice. This deposit is non-refundable if you do not start your booking.
- When placing your booking you need to indicate if you will be paying weekly or monthly for your fees.
- Before your child starts his/her booking they will come for two visits to introduce them to the setting. At this time you will be expected to pay for one week/month childcare based on your standard booking in advance.
- At the time of paying your advanced fees we will agree a monthly payment date and amount. This must be paid promptly by standing order, online payment or in branch.
- Invoices are produced monthly by 20th of the previous month and due for payment on or before the first of each month. It is your responsibility to ensure that your weekly/monthly payments are sufficient to pay your fees.
- If you change your booking please make sure you change your payments to reflect this.
- Holidays – if you are in receipt of Nursery Free Entitlement term time only please make sure your payments have covered your school holiday fees.
- Please note we do not accept cheques, cash payments can be made if agreed in advance.
1. Overdue payments one week late – you will be sent a reminder.
- Overdue payments one month late – your booking will be cancelled until your payment is up to date. Please note you may lose your preferred booking during this time.
- Please note – Milnthorpe Family Centre reserve the right to write to the contacts named on your child’s record if the named bill payer is more than 2 months late with payment.
- Milnthorpe Family Centre reserve the right to advise the Tax Credits/Student Finance office that you have not paid your fees. If you have been in receipt of the childcare element of Tax Credits/Student Finance whilst attending Joeys it is a fraudulent offence not to pay that money to your childcare provider.
- Instruct a Debt Collection Agency or the County Court of your unpaid fees who will be asked to start recovery procedures that may include judgements made against you.
If at any point during your time with us you feel that payment of fees is becoming a problem, please do not ignore this. We will do everything we can to help you through a financially difficult period. We would rather do this than any of the actions above.
Signed on behalf of Milnthorpe Family Centre Directors.
Katie Smyth (Manager) Reviewed January 2017