Arrivals and Departures Policy
Parents are responsible for the safety of their child until they have been handed over to a member of Joeys staff either within the School Hall, in the case of out of school, or within either our Little Jumpers or Koala room in Joeys nursery. Therefore we ask parents to be cautious, as we are located at the top of the school carpark, parents should be vigilant when arriving and departing.
The safety of young children is of paramount importance and, in order to ensure the children’s safety whilst they arrive at Joeys and depart from us, the following will apply:
- Joeys nursery front door is security locked and can only be opened by those who have the code, which will only be given to staff and main carers, or from the inside by a switch high up on the wall. Anyone who does not have the code will need to press the buzzer in the foyer and staff will let them in once they have identified themselves. Parents must not let others in on their way out; for security reasons please alert a member of staff.
- Once into the main entrance parents/carers are asked to press the buzzer to the relevant room to notify the staff they are waiting, parents/carers are politely asked to remember that our rooms can be very busy and a member of staff will get to you when they can but please be patient as caring for the children takes priority.
- If parent/carers are to be late either in delivering or collecting their child they should inform Joeys’ staff beforehand, or telephone to let us know.
- Children will only be allowed to leave with their parent/carer or another adult named by the parent/carer. Parents will inform Joeys’ staff if a different adult is to collect their child. We operate a password system so any adult unfamiliar to Joeys staff must identify themselves and give the individual password.
- Parent/carers will remain with their children until a regular member of staff has greeted them. We can’t accept children any earlier or keep children any later than their bookings due to staff/children ratio levels.
- Staff members will take a register of children and regular staff members as they arrive.
- All visitors will be required to sign in using the visitors’ book.
- All parents/carers and other children present at Joeys sessions a quarter of an hour after the session has begun will be recorded in the register.
Out of School Club
§ Staff will receive the children from parents/carers into the Breakfast club. At the end of the session reception children will be taken into their class by a member of Out of School Club staff. The other children will be taken to the outdoor playground and supervised until the whistle is blown and the children have lined up with the teachers, who will then escort them to their class. Staff will endeavour to ensure all messages are passed on to relevant teachers but we advise parents phone the school if messages are important or they could also use the class dojo app to contact their childs class teacher.
- Reception children will be collected from class at the end of the school day and escorted to the Out of School Club through the school, so as to avoid crossing the car park, the other children will be greeted at the hall doors and signed into the register.
- During holiday club the parent/carer should drop their child off at the main door to the Out of School Club and staff will sign them in on the register.
- If a child appears to be absent, the staff will check with school staff to either confirm absence or locate the child.
- If you know your child is booked into Out of School Club but will not be attending or if you are to be late either in delivering or collecting your child you should inform Out of School Club staff beforehand, or telephone to let us know.
- Children will only be allowed to leave with their parent/carer or another adult named by the parent/carer. Parents will inform Out of School Club staff if a different adult is to collect their child. It is important that if someone unfamiliar to the Out of School Club is to collect the child a password is given so we can identify them.
- Parent/carers will remain with their children until a regular member of staff has greeted them. We can’t accept children any earlier or keep children any later than their bookings due to staff/children ratio levels. If your child is collected late you will incur a charge (see fee’s policy)
- Staff members will take a register of children and all staff members as they arrive.
- All visitors will be required to sign in using the visitors book located in the main reception area of Joeys.
Signed on behalf of
Milnthorpe Family Centre Directors
Katie Smyth, Manager
Reviewed January 2017